My Photo
Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

My parents were missionaries on the Tibetan border of China where my brother, two sisters, and four cousins had many strange experiences. We are the children in the book, "Some of God's Children," and several of us became missionaries in later years in various other countries. Because of World War #2, we were none of us able to return to Tibet and our first love though one of the cousins worked with Tibetan refugees living in Assam, India.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

FROM MARY WITH LOVE


Fiction by Phyllis Mills, publisher sought

(The first of a series of letters written from the loving heart of Mary the mother of Jesus)

FROM MARY WITH LOVE

Mary of Nazareth to her dear, elderly cousin Elizabeth in the hill country of Judah;

Greetings.

You are surely surprised to hear from me, yet my own surprise in needing to write you is even greater. I want to make a request. I would like to come and visit with you as there are some exciting and even frightening things happening in my life right now. I tried to talk to Mom but she thinks I've had too much sun and gone a bit 'touched in the head.'

I have just become engaged to Joseph. He is a carpenter and the nicest person I know. I love his big work-rough hands and his slow way of speaking. I tingle with joy when he smiles. When he looks at me, his eyes light up like stars then. You can't imagine my great joy when he chose me to be his wife.

But Almighty has chosen me for a special task and now I don't know if I should go ahead with this marriage. I am so confused. I must talk to someone and with Cousin Zac being a priest and all, I thought you could help me the best. I do not want to put what is happening onto paper, so do say it will be all right for me to come. This request comes from your loving cousin.

Wishing you the best.

Mary.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

-->